Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD

From: Edd Barrett
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 13:59:24 +0100

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm an OpenBSD developer trying to get
the NetBSD driver to work for OpenBSD.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:02:16PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   405: Option not supported by drive

I've seen this. If I remember correctly (but please double check), I
traced it to setting the drive speed. I think it's harmless.

> So it seems that moving NetBSD to CD_LBA_FORMAT at best needs more work,
> and that the LBA change should be ifdef'd for OpenBSD for now.

Great. That's exactly what I've done in my branch. Thanks for trying
this out.

> (If lib/driver/netbsd.c is actually used on OpenBSD, it would be nice to
> have a comment at the front of the file explaining this.)

The build system will choose the NetBSD backend for OpenBSD, but it
currently doesn't work.

If you get time, would you be able to try my branch on NetBSD? The only
outstanding issue for OpenBSD on this branch is cdda-player track
skipping is broken.

I'd be interested to see if I've introduced regressions.

https://github.com/vext01/libcdio/tree/openbsd_fixes_to_master

Thanks

--
Best Regards