Re: [Libcdio-devel] Rock Ridge deep directory support

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Rock Ridge deep directory support
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 16:48:49 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> If you both agree that they do the same thing then it is fine to have
> one. Thomas?

It's ok for me. I made my own one mainly to not just repeat the tests
which Pete already had made and to check whether xorriso's rarely used
deep directory relocation still works properly.

But if it is for size, then the existing
  test/data/deep-directory.iso
is too large by the traditional padding of 150 * 2048 bytes (which is
needed only if the ISO gets onto a CD by write type TAO from which it
shall be read by the Linux kernel's block device driver).

So Pete could re-create it by mkisofs using option -no-pad.
It would then shrink from 397,312 bytes to 90,112.

Alternatively one could simply compress the ISO in git and tarball and
let the test program decompress it:

  $ gzip -9 <test/data/deep-directory.iso | wc -c
  2420

Have a nice day :)

Thomas