libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] gvars3 Makefile.in configure configure.ac gvars...

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] gvars3 Makefile.in configure configure.ac gvars...
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:51:57 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Georg Klein wrote:

Nice.

The whole global-initialised-in-a-library thing does seem rather unsafe when other classes use it in a constructor!

True. I don't know exactly what the best solution is. Something to do with singleton classes.

Not to mention the entire thread safety thing...

There's two solutions to that as far as I can see.

One is to put locks around the whole GVars3 database.

The other is to have all widgets sets operate using their own private string-tring map. Every so often, you will have to call a synchronize method which will synchronize the GVars database with the private map.

The second version is nice because it keeps gvars fast and you know that in your main loop, things aren't going to change from under you.

As far as I can tell some of the configure options don't work? E.g. --disable-widgets does nothing.

It works now. By the way, there's also --with-headless which creates a second version of the library which has all interactive bits disabled.

I was planning on doing the same thing for the commandline interface too at some point.

-Ed