liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Closures

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Closures
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:42:38 +0100

ECMA states that the scoped variables are 'like extra arguments' what
means that they are read-only. It implies that it is not only that the
side effect is forbidden but also that an error is produced at compile
time.

Also remember that agent can be stored into the heap to be called
far away in time and in logical cut of the program. In particular
outside of the declarating feature, outside of its scope. It is a minor
trick because the compiler coulded even handle the case.

cheers
José

PS: Cyril, only 2 hours left before ending of FOSDEM proposal for
lightning talk. Liberty-Eiffel ....
https://fosdem.org/2014/news/2013-09-17-call-for-participation-part-two/

PS: Paolo, I love the idea to have a warning flag about command/query
separation. But for me it is only theorical because it can't be
universal.