liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] Liberty Eiffel release

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Liberty Eiffel release
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:57:32 +0200

All,

Belatedly (many thanks to Brandon for the remainder), I'd like to announce the first release of Liberty Eiffel, successor of SmartEiffel the GNU Eiffel Compiler:

----8<--------
Liberty Eiffel is a free eiffel compiler started from SmartEiffel code base. Its goal is to retain from SmartEiffel its rigour; but not its rigidity.

Eiffel is an advanced object-oriented programming language that emphasizes the design and construction of high-quality and reusable software.

Liberty Eiffel is maintained by a free and open community.

We are happy to announce the very first version, 2013.11, code-named "Adler" (after Charles Adler, Jr. — an American engineer).

This release is a signal to the FLOSS community at large that Eiffel is still alive and kicking. We need volunteers :-)

Feel free to visit our website: http://www.gnu.org/software/liberty-eiffel/

The release is not yet available on GNU's FTP. I hope to do so very soon.

Best regards,

Cyril Adrian