liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with deb packages

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with deb packages
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:50:40 +0200

OK, the Debian packaging now works.

I just had to manually tell reprepro to remove the old snapshot packages because their names were ugly. It is now fixed and the packages are as intended. Next ET pass should build *and* deploy without problems.

So we now have amd64, i386 and source packages in the repository.

Germán, since you were asking first-- would you care to try the i386 packages please?

Cheers,

Cyril

Hi again-

The Debian i386 & amd64 packaging should now work.

I also put the whole packaging stage under substages, fixed the source packages creation and the version numbering (Lintian was not very happy with the ".dev" part).

Now wait and see...

Cheers,

Cyril

Hi,

so, I tried to copy the i386 packages into apt.liberty-eiffel.org

, but
it will need another 2 days to populate. But what I fear is, that it
will not work, as the i386 packages have a newer timestamp and therefor
I could imagine, that the "all"-package dependency is not satisfieable
by the i386 variant of the "tools" package.

Cyril, could you try to make the version and the filename based on the
date of the last git commit instead of the date of package-building?

I'll try and see what I can do. I had some similar problems for other packages I maintain and I kinda remember that it is a bit more complex than just fixing the versioning; we also need to ensure that the .dsc file is correct. Maybe build only binary packages on i386.

Cheers,

Cyril