liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] Newbie questions

From: Joe Abbate
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Newbie questions
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 18:07:54 -0400

Hello,

Administrative: Is this the way to request an account on the wiki?  (The
Get_involved page says to ask via email but links to the Get_in_touch
page which only lists the mailing list email).

IRC channel: Does anyone frequent it?  I logged on today (Sunday) and
was the only one on, but I wonder whether it's different during the week.

History: The intro page mentions "the true Eiffel language" a couple of
times.  Is there some document that details what that is, at least at a
high level?  Does it mean _Eiffel: The Language_ (1992), everything in
"standard Eiffel" (as apparently maintained by Bertrand Meyer in a
"ETL3" page--according to Wikipedia), but prior to ECMA-367, or
something in between?  I'm not that interested in nitty-gritty details
but rather the major points of contention.

Thanks,

Joe