liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Inline agent

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Inline agent
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 08:38:54 +0100

I don't agree. Changing an export status from {ANY} to {} is dangerous. Please check the Eiffel literature about "CAT calls".

Cheers

El sáb, 20-02-2016 a las 23:39 +0100, Raphael Mack escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I think the compiler is right. It is better to have the open arguments
> explicit and it would be good to change your code.
>
> Nevertheless this makes me think of warning levels. Currently we have
> two types of warnings: style and ordinary and we have no fine grained
> way to suppress warnings. Maybe it would be good to give each warning an
> ID, which can be suppressed in liberty.se or even in a comment of the
> related lines "-- LEWC:ID:<justification>" or something similar.
>
> I strongly believe that our warnings are worth fixing, so I will
> probably not use such a feature and I would object to have no warnings
> in our libs, but some users might like such things.
>
> In the short we could make the "missing open argument warning" a style
> warning.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Rapha

Also would be nice have an option to suppress warnings when some feature
changes their export status. For example from {any} to {}. It's a bit
annoying to see this amount of warnings when I compile some example
using eiffel-iup.

Germán

--
Cyril ADRIAN