liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Eclipse Plugin for Liberty Eiffel

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Eclipse Plugin for Liberty Eiffel
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:27:21 +0100

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.03.2016, 01:55 -0600 schrieb Germán Arias:
> > - auto completion of Eiffel keywords and constructs (maybe with
> > intelligent and/or configurable completeness, e. g. for loops: including
> > variant and invariant clauses or not?)
>
> Maybe an option to generate/update a list for auto completion with the
> classes and its features in the cluster you are working.

surely this depends on the implementation. In theory there is the option
to (re-)do the complete Eiffel parsing in Java or one could use an
external parser (e. g. a etags or maybe gutentag) based solution. The
latter would then need to regenerate the index every now and then (and
maybe on demand), while the first could have benefits for other
features...

I think we can leave it up to the GSoC project to evaluate the different
options and select an option.

Cheers,
Rapha