libextractor

[libextractor] Help with the software

From: Thompson, Scott
Subject: [libextractor] Help with the software
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:15:20 -0000

I received the following message from my networking people

Your IP address is triggering the following:

4443: HTTP: GNU libextractor Library ASF Property Size Anomaly

A problem occurs in some media decoders which use the when the segment parser trusts the data sizes specified within the file and allocates memory based on those values. When this occurs, an attacker has the ability to control the amount of memory allocated. If this condition is exploited, an attacker can specify certain incorrect sizes and cause memory corruption, leading to the ability to execute arbitrary code in the context of the media player.

I am running a Windows XP machine in a windows enviorment. I must be an idiot because I can not figure out for the life of me, how to update this from your site. Can you help???

Disclaimer:

The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) indicated above. Use or disclosure of information e-mailed in error is respectfully prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete the original message. Thank you.