libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 03:15:25 +0100

Hi Don,

> so now I do
>
> ./autogen.sh
>  ret=$?; mv configure.ac-save configure.ac; exit $ret; \
> }
> /bin/sh: line 2: aclocal-1.15: command not found
> So am I supposed to ln /usr/bin/autoconf /usr/bin/autoconf-2.69 ?

You can also change the version numbers at the top of Makefile.maint.
But then you would be aware that you are using different autotools
versions than I am using, and that this may cause breakage.

> My nightly builds look for updates for clisp but I've always thought
> of libffcall and libsigsegv as constants.

At some point there will be a libffcall release. (The libsigsegv release is
waiting for Windows 64-bit problems to be resolved.)

> Should I be trying to update those every night also?

Does not make a lot of sense now, unless you are covering several different
CPU types (say, sparc, powerpc, and arm, or so). The libffcall testsuite
is more thorough than clisp's FFI testsuite, IIRC.

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/libsigsegv/ -> Source code -> Use Git.

>  > > trampoline: cannot make memory executable
>  >
>  > Thanks for the reminder about this problem. It should be fixed now, both
> in git
>  > and in the tarball.
>
> Since make check now reports that test1 passed, I guess it's fixed.

Good. Thanks for the confirmation.

Bruno