libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] Return small structs in registers for powerpc on openbsd

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] Return small structs in registers for powerpc on openbsd
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 23:29:05 +0200

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the patch.
It will take me a while to make sure your patch is good, and include it.

Maybe you can help me with some infos:
  - Which OpenBSD version and which qemu-system-ppc or qemu-system-ppc64
    options do you recommend for running it in a VM?
  - If gcc 4.1.2 needs patches, to make it compile, maybe a different
    version is simpler to use. How about using gcc 4.2.4 instead?
  - Do you have a formal documentation of the "secure plt ABI"?

> Replace the unused powerpc small-struct-copying code with hppa's,
> which copies structs of all sizes.

Oh really? I thought that the hppa code for small structs was so braindead
that it would remain the only OS that needs this code. The code for
m68k, s390, sparc is simpler.

Bruno