libjit

[Libjit] Call to child through function pointer?

From: Aritz Erkiaga
Subject: [Libjit] Call to child through function pointer?
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 02:25:43 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for bothering again :) I was just about to run into this stuff when I realised that the docs didn't even mention it, so I'm afraid I will have to ask so as to prevent uncomfortable surprises...
Is it safe to call a child of a certain function from its parent by using jit_insn_call_native with a pointer to the child, obtained via jit_function_from_closure? The documentation does not recommend using the later on a nested function, but neither does it prohibit it. After that, the child function should be able to use jit_insn_import.
Sorry, and thanks for all the help! Using LibJIT is a real challenge, but is also very rewarding.

Aritz