libjit

[Libjit] What is the purpose of incref?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Libjit] What is the purpose of incref?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 23:58:29 -0600

Hi,

I see incref appears many times in the manual. What is the purpose?

I see examples set it to 0. What if it is set to 0 instead of 1? Would
it cause any problem with 0? When is it appropriate to set it as 1 and
0, respectively? Thanks.

"""
jit_type_t jit_type_create_signature (jit abi t abi, jit type t [Function]
return_type, jit type t *params, unsigned int num_params, int incref)
Create a type descriptor for a function signature. Returns NULL if out
of memory.
The reference counts on the component types are incremented if incref
is non-zero.
"""

--
Regards,