Re: [libmicrohttpd] Understanding minimal_example.c

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Understanding minimal_example.c
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:08:35 +0530

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> You are not reading the check correctly.  We return MHD_NO for all methods
> except for GET -- this minimal example only handles "GET" requests.

Oh.. my mistake but the question is what is the GET method. what does
it do. Section 9.3 of RFC 2616 describes the GET method:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html.  In my case, the client only
wants a response 200 OK with some text and thats it.  So I think
checking for GET will be appropriate in my case.

> None really in this simple case.  However, if you are writing code that is
> supposed to properly process HTTP 1.1 requests that include the client waiting
> for "100 CONTINUE" before giving you an upload (POST/PUT in particular),
> sending a response during the first call will suppress the 100 CONTINUE.
> Which may be what you want if your response will be a 4xx-error code, but if
> you want to see the full upload, you should not queue a response during this
> first call.  I agree that this is not strictly required for a simple GET
> request.  The example is written this way to make the transition to more
> complex handlers trivial to do.

There is no post data with my client. Client will send the data  in
the URL itself and it will wait for the response from mys side and
nothing more than that.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/