Re: [libmicrohttpd] MinGW Undefined reference to _win_tsearch

From: Andre Colomb
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MinGW Undefined reference to _win_tsearch
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:19:33 +0200

Nils Durner wrote:
Hi André,

Hi Nils, thanks for your quick response.

However PlibC upstream's version of that file does not define these
symbols. Therefore, neither the precompiled nor the current stable
libplibc-1.DLL export these three functions.
Here's a binary prerelease:
    http://de.gnunet.org/download/plibc-0.1.5-pre0.zip
Please let me know if it works for you.

I just tried that package. The problem is that my application now complains about its config file... something to do with string::find() I suppose. Anyway, when I tried to debug this, gdb segfaulted when trying to access the string object. Strangely enough, that code doesn't even use MHD nor PlibC.

I had the same problem with plibc-0.1.4 and libmicrohttpd-0.4.1. There must be some kind of memory corruption in PlibC after 0.1.3. My previous solution with MHD 0.4.1 was to just keep using PlibC 0.1.3. However, that is no longer possible with the newer MHD version.

Do you have any idea where this could come from? Are there any overridden symbols in PlibC? I actually have no clue how to investigate this under Win32.

Hoping for any constructive ideas :-)

Regards,
André