[libmicrohttpd] Re: uHTTPD entity streaming

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Re: uHTTPD entity streaming
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:01:35 +0200

On Thursday, May 27, 2010 04:17:35 pm you wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use uHTTPD for a project I'm doing, but I need to read
> (relatively small) entities for PUT/POST.  Their content types are
> non-standard, so it doesn't seem that I can use the normal "post
> processor" mechanism that is documented.
>
> There is mention that "Unsupported encodings and large POST submissions
> are provided as a stream to the main application (and thus can be
> processed, just not conveniently by MHD)", but I am unable to find any
> reference to how that is accomplished.

Well, just don't pass the "upload_data" to the MHD_PostProcessor (in the main
request callback) and instead process it yourself.  Make sure to update
"upload_data_size" to reflect the number of bytes you have processed.

> Any pointers?

Again, this is really actually the simpler case.  If you understand how to use
the MHD_PostProcessor, all you need to do is instead of calling the PP for
parsing, is parsing the data you used to explicitly give to the PP yourself.

I hope this helps.

Best,