[libmicrohttpd] [digest-auth]: responses to POST requests don't get out

From: Andreas Wehrmann
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] [digest-auth]: responses to POST requests don't get out
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:13:37 +0100

Hello!

I'm using digest authentication for delivering a small test page.
For every connection (disregarding the request type) I check whether the
source is authenticated as suggested by the tutorial.
Delivery with authentication works fine.
I added a page with a formular which issues a POST request when submitted.
What I see in my application log when I submit the form is:
1. rx POST request
2. deny: new nonce needed
3. MHD_queue_auth_fail_response()

The client (Firefox 3.6.x) repeats the same request twice
(the application flow is the same exactly).

So when the client sends the first POST request the server thinks it needs a new nonce,
denies access and is supposed to send a proper response through calling
MHD_queue_auth_fail_response().
What are the other two POSTs for:

I noticed (using Wireshark) that the server doesn't respond to the POST requests,
which would suggest that MHD_queue_auth_fail_response() failed
(which according to its return code didn't).
Unfortunately I don't have so much time at the moment so I was hoping to
get a hint as to where I should look at to narrow the problem.
The easiest thing would probably be to look at the part of code
where the response is supposed to actually go out on the socket...
where's that? :-)

Best regards,
Andreas

--