[libmicrohttpd] connection statistics

From: Eivind Sarto
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] connection statistics
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:17:54 -0500

I am using libmicrohttpd for a video streaming project.
The HTTP server load can be quite high with a large number of requests per
seconds and a high network bandwidth,
but the HTTP connections are mostly keep-alives.

In order to troubleshoot load related problems, it can be difficult to get an
idea of what is going on a given server.
I want to add some kind of server status monitoring and I would like to be able
to display the number of active
connections/requests and total connections/requests (among other things).

I can collect total and active number of requests from counters in the callback
to the default handler and the completion handler.
However, I cannot find a way to get the total and active number of connections.
 The only one who can keep an accurate count of
the number of connections is the internals of the library.

Does anyone see any value to adding some statistics/counters to libmicrohttpd
that can returned via an API?

Or, is there something I am overlooking that I could do to display the number
of active connections and total connections created?

-eivind