Re: [libmicrohttpd] Remove PlibC from autotools files

From: Michael Cronenworth
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Remove PlibC from autotools files
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 08:13:08 -0500

On 08/07/2013 04:00 AM, Evgeny Grin wrote:
> Correct, this is a critical point. Windows' "select" works only with sockets.

Evgeny,

I'll copy/paste my patch notes to this list. I realize select only works on
sockets. I have replaced all of the code PlibC was required for with native
Windows calls. There should not be any loss of functionality.

libmicrohttpd-mingw-example.patch
Uses the Windows rand() functions in the post_example.

libmicrohttpd-mingw-liberty.patch
Removes the requirement of liberty. No longer shipped by newer gcc.

libmicrohttpd-mingw-plibc-01.patch
Part 1 of 2 - Remove PlibC from autotools files.

libmicrohttpd-mingw-plibc-02.patch
Part 2 of 2 - Remove and replace PlibC macros with native function calls.

libmicrohttpd-mingw-testcurl.patch
The inet_pton() call is only supported in Vista and above. Add define to declare
we are compiling for Vista.

Build environment note: I am using MinGW-w64 and not mingw.org, which is more
advanced and now preferred over the mingw.org environment. The MinGW-w64
checkout that I built libmicrohttpd against is r5969 dated 2013-07-21.