Re: [libmicrohttpd] Issues with multiple connections

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Issues with multiple connections
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 12:30:45 +0200

Hi again,

Actually, thinking more about this that was a bad fix.  Not only
did it require extra locking, but I simply overlooked that we
used to not modify 'response' objects per-connection for a reason:
after all, the response object might be used with HTTP 1.0 and 1.1
connections and those might require different treatment (for example,
1.1 might get a "keep-alive" and 1.0 a "close").  So modifying the
response itself based on what _a_ connection needs is a bad idea.

For "connection: close" MHD addressed that issue by
adding the missing header right into the output buffer of the
connection, instead of modifying the response object.  I've
now done the same for "connection: keep-alive" and even
chunked-encoding and content-length headers (as theoretically,
the need for content-length can depend on the HTTP method, and
chunking may also depend on the specifics of the request).  Also,
doing all of that in one place makes the code more readable IMO.

Updated fix is in SVN 33743.

Happy hacking!

Christian