Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.9.49 released

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.9.49 released
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:43:13 +0300

On 12.04.2016 15:03, silvioprog wrote:
> . What file is recommended to use on Windows 7 and 10? I found different
> files in the package categorized by folders, eg: MinGW, VS2013
> and VS2015; shared and shared-xp; Release-dll and Release-dll-xp; Is
> there any README file explaining about this categorization?
MinGW builds are recommended for MinGW-compiled applications.
VS-compiled are recommended for VS-compiled applications. Visual Studio
version should match.
'-xp' versions should be used only if your program is running on WinXP,
otherwise use versions without '-xp' suffix.
'-dll' and 'shared' or 'static' version - is up to your choice.
'Debug' version should be used only to debug, for production always use
"Release' (MinGW compiled only for Release).

> . How do I know what are the MHD external dependencies liberaries and
> its versions? (eg: libwinpthread-1.dll 1.0, libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll 2.1,
> libnettle-6-1.dll 6.1 etc)
No external dependencies (except standard Windows .dlls).
If you need HTTPS support, you have to compile libmicrohttpd by youself
(only MinGW currently supported for HTTPS builds).

This is a first try after a long break of building W32 official
binaries. I see how a lot of options could confuse, so may be some kind
of readme.txt will be added in next releases.

--
Best Wishes,
Evgeny Grin