Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.9.51 released

From: LRN
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.9.51 released
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 15:26:34 +0300

On 28.08.2016 14:52, Evgeny Grin wrote:
> On 27.08.2016 23:17, LRN wrote:
>> By the way, there's only a W32 version of MHD_set_thread_name_() for MSVC,
>> not for MinGW. That ought to be fixed by providing a MinGW version (using
>> vectored exception handling).
>
> As workaround - you can use POSIX threads on W32.
> Didn't check it any deeper, but MinGW version should be different on
> setting name with exceptions: GDB will not catch MSVC exception and I'm
> not sure about SEH/other types of exception required for setting names
> on W32.

The difference is *only* in catching the exception (i.e. ensuring that in
case the debugger isn't there, the library will catch its own exception and
"handle" it by way of quietly dropping it; unhandled exceptions cause the
OS to terminate a process), for which we have to use VEH, because SEH is
not available for MinGW.

Support on the debugger side is coming in the next gdb release (appropriate
changes went into git master just this month).7

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org