Re: [libmicrohttpd] Protocol upgrade

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Protocol upgrade
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:00:24 +0100

I would add that I personally would prefer to see such an implementation
of WebSockets kept outside of libmicrohttpd.so proper.  HTTP
Upgrade/switching protocols is part of the HTTP core standard and thus
must be provided by MHD. However, WebSockets is something that can and
should be separate, as modular solutions are better.

So ideally, a "libmicrowebsockets.so" would just take the 'upgraded'
socket returned by MHD and go from there (and maybe provide some helper
functions to set the required Websocket-specific HTTP headers).