[libmicrohttpd] Can pass a "this" pointer?

From: Hedin, Richard (InfoSys)
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Can pass a "this" pointer?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 19:20:38 +0000

Hello.  I have some C++ objects that can process the incoming message.  The problem is that the callbacks have to be static methods.  (Don’t they?)  So that the callbacks don’t have access to the this pointer.

The C++ objects will live longer than the http requests.  I’m thinking I can pass the this pointer in the closure objects that MHD_start_daemon takes.  But the daemon mechanism passes a null in that spot when the callback method is first called.  (Doesn’t it?)

What is a recommended way of accomplishing this?

                             Regards, Rick

AAA
Get the AAA Mobile app!
AAA Disclaimer Communication
This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated as a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your cooperation is appreciated.