[libmicrohttpd] Bug report - chunked transfer encoding not working with

From: Philip Couling
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Bug report - chunked transfer encoding not working with SSL (libgnutls).
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:39:28 +0100

Hi

I'm seeing a weird bug that's starting to look a lot like it's in libmicrohttpd rather than my own code.

When sending a response via chunked transfer (MHD_create_response_from_callback size=-1) the response to the client does not seem to complete correctly.  It only does this with HTTPS, when I switch to HTTP the bug goes away.

I've tested my app with wget and consistently get the error (where the response is 122488 long): Read error at byte 122488 (Success).Giving up

This suggests to me the chunked transfer encoding may be somehow missing the terminating 0\r\n

I'm seeing it in code I wrote a few years ago when run against Archlinux 's package version 0.9.7-3.  The program has behaved correctly for years and still works under Ubuntu 20.04 with libmicrohttpd version 0.9.66.  I have of course checked very carefully that my own code is behaving "normally".  IE my program's callback is responding identically with and without SSL and the same as it has in previous versions.

For reference the original bug was reported against my code here: https://github.com/couling/WebDAV-Daemon/issues/7.  I'm building an SSCCE to demonstrate the bug but it's taking me a little longer than I'd like, hence I'm sending this bug report without it.

Kind Regards