Re: [libmicrohttpd] Borken API in version 0.97.1?

From: Weber, Peter (Wilken Entire GmbH)
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Borken API in version 0.97.1?
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 08:55:34 +0000

On Wed, 2020-07-08 at 10:41 +0200, Emmanuel Engelhart wrote:
> On 08.07.20 10:32, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> > On 7/8/20 9:39 AM, Emmanuel Engelhart wrote:
>
> Your announcement talks about "warnings" and here it breaks at
> compilation time. This is the only thing I wonder about. In
> particular
> considering that this is a minor release upgrade.
>
> Emmanuel

I'm not sure. I assume the upstream developers use only C compilers and
C only applies weak type checking. While C++ uses strict/strong type
checking and protects us at compile time, before we hit issues at run
time.

My code base is small so I applied the necessary changes quickly. Maybe
you can use the '-fpermissive' option as temporary workaround?

Peter