[libmicrohttpd] GNU libmicrohttpd 0.9.76 released

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] GNU libmicrohttpd 0.9.76 released
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 20:18:21 +0100

Dear all,

I've just released GNU libmicrohttpd 0.9.76 with just one small change that fixes a security problem in the MHD_PostProcessor where malformed inputs can be used to crash the server (for denial-of-service). While the bug is not believed to be exploitable in other ways and only applies for applications that use the (optional) MHD_PostProcessing logic, we of course encourage everyone to upgrade.

Thanks to Gynvael Coldwind and Dejan Alvadzijevic for responsibly disclosing the problem and even proposing a good solution.

You can download GNU libmicrohttpd 0.9.76 from:

* https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libmicrohttpd/ and all GNU FTP mirrors.
* Our git repository at https://git.gnunet.org/libmicrohttpd.git

Please report bugs to our bugtracker at
https://bugs.gnunet.org/set_project.php?project_id=10.

The documentation (including a reference manual and tutorial) can be
found at https://gnu.org/s/libmicrohttpd.

Happy hacking!