libqtlua-list

Re: [Libqtlua-list] Lua editor in Qt Creator

From: Konstantin Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Libqtlua-list] Lua editor in Qt Creator
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:45:44 +0400

17.08.2011, 04:22, "Alexandre Becoulet" <address@hidden>:
> On 08/15/2011 09:20 PM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>  I'm developing a plugin for Qt Creator [1] containing Lua editor.
>
> Interesting. I'll try to compile and have a more in-depth look soon.
>
>>  If there is anyone who'd like to work on improvement of this editor
>>  and/or adapting it to generic Lua development and development
>>  using QtLua, please reply. It's possible to split editor into separate
>>  plugin.
>
> Can you please briefly explain which features you have in mind and how
> they relate to QtLua?

They don't relay at all, I've just decided it may be interesting for your
community.

Current features:
* Autoindentation
* Simple autocompletion (Qt Creator dubs "completion" such things as automatic
closing braces)
* Context menu with items "comment selection" and "autoindent selection" with
usual Qt Creator shortcuts.
* Navigation to files with F2 if string literal under cursor is correct file
name
* Syntax highlighting file for Generic Highlighter is included with plugin to
work on
non-KDE platforms (Qt Creator automatically picks Kate syntax files, but Lua
file
is not shipped with Qt Creator)

I have an idea to use LuaInspector to build code model for editor. It will allow
navigation, better highlighting and autocompletion of identifiers

--
Regards,
Konstantin