libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:34:14 +0100

Hi Paul,

Op 18/07/16 om 22:35 schreef address@hidden:
> Did you build the documentation for the website using "./build
> docs html w"? Because of where the images are on the server, I set
> up this "w" option to provide alternate paths.
>
> For example, when I use "./build docs html w", the image paths on
> the page you linked to (MAC Address - T400) are
> ../../docs/install/images/t400/macaddress0.jpg instead of the
> current ../../resources/images/t400/macaddress0.jpg.
>
> Thanks for all your help!

Thanks. We're getting close, just a few more issues to deal with.

I think I just tried with the w option correctly, but I still don't
see images.

Can you do me a favour. Install lighttpd from scratch on a trisquel
server (barebones install from netinstall) and tell me exactly what
you had to install as dependency, then in document root create a
symlink called "manual" pointing to the manual directory in a
libreboot clone directory elsewhere on the system, where you have run
the html ./build docs commands with w, and basically document in fine
detail everything you're doing, until you get it working.

With such instructions, I will be able to publish those on the
libreboot website. I've stopped backporting changes into the HTML
backport branch now, and we are working on getting a release out the
door as quickly as possible. We intend for documentation generated
using "./build docs html" to be the default on the live site before
doing the release, as part of our acceptable into GNU (they accepted
us under the assumption that this and the build system changes would
be completed. PaulK is almost finished with those from what I can tell)

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/