libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:33:31 +0100

Hi Paul,

Just a note, I'm still having issues but I'll study your setup
instructions later so that I can reproduce the same setup as yours.

Op 19/07/16 om 13:47 schreef address@hidden:
> Hi Leah,
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:34:14AM +0100, Leah Rowe wrote:
>> Can you do me a favour. Install lighttpd from scratch on a
>> trisquel server (barebones install from netinstall) and tell me
>> exactly what you had to install as dependency, then in document
>> root create a symlink called "manual" pointing to the manual
>> directory in a libreboot clone directory elsewhere on the system,
>> where you have run the html ./build docs commands with w, and
>> basically document in fine detail everything you're doing, until
>> you get it working.
>
> The solution I came up with is to create symlinks for both the
> manual and resources directories in the document root. The "w"
> switch is no longer needed.
>
> Here's the fine detail!
>

> I installed Trisquel from a netinstall iso like you recommended.
>
> -------------------
>
> Building lighttpd:
>
> # apt-get install git
>
> $ git clone https://git.lighttpd.net/lighttpd/lighttpd1.4.git
>
> $ cd lighttpd1.4
>
> # apt-get install autoconf libtool pkg-config libbz2-dev
> zlib1g-dev ligpcre3-dev
>
> $ ./autogen.sh
>
> ### because these two modules are recommended on the lighttpd
> website $ ./configure --with-zlib --with-pcre
>
> $ make
>
> # make install
>
> -------------------
>
> Building libreboot docs:
>
> $ cd ~
>
> $ git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/libreboot
>
> $ cd libreboot
>
> ### At this point, building the docs fails with "@ref reference to
> ### nonexistent node" errors. I am attaching a patch that will
> remove ### these errors:
>
> $ git apply path/to/Update-references-to-SPI-flash-chip-node.patch
>
> $ ./build docs html
>
> ### Optional $ ./build docs html-one-page
>
> ### Optional $ ./build docs html-by-section
>
> -------------------
>
> Setting up the server:
>
> # mkdir -p /var/www/servers/libreboot.org
>
> $ cd /var/www/servers/libreboot.org
>
> # ln -s ~/libreboot/docs/manual ./manual # ln -s
> ~/libreboot/docs/resources ./resources
>
> ### The lighttpd configuration file. Derived from ###
> redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/wiki/TutorialConfiguration $
> echo "server.document-root = \"/var/www/servers/libreboot.org/\"
>
> server.port = 3000
>
> server.username = \"www\" server.groupname = \"www\"
>
> mimetype.assign = ( \".html\" => \"text/html\", \".txt\" =>
> \"text/plain\", \".jpg\" => \"image/jpeg\", \".png\" =>
> \"image/png\" )
>
> index-file.names = ( \"index.html\" ) " > ~/.lighttpd.conf
>
> # useradd -r -s /usr/bin/nologin www
>
> $ lighttpd -t -f ~/.lighttpd.conf
>
> # lighttpd -D -f ~/.lighttpd.conf
>
> -------------------
>
> At this point I was able to visit http://192.168.0.xx:3000/manual
> (find actual ip with ifconfig or similar) with a different computer
> [...]

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/