libreboot

[Libreboot] Desktop with Libreboot

From: shawncreighton
Subject: [Libreboot] Desktop with Libreboot
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:33:47 +0000

I would like to have a desktop PC with a secure bios to load my own Linux OS onto. Age does not matter so much to me as security. Can anyone recommend the absolute easiest way for me to achieve this, for a person limited technical knowledge? I have no idea what model desktop I can buy or even how to flash the bios with Libreboot. Looking at mobo compatibility doesn't help as I don't know what PC's they are built into. I also don't know how to compile and 'build' a payload as such. I'll probably have to have someone do this for me. Surprised that there are not yet any commercially available desktop PC's with a secure bios that can run Linux.