libreboot

[Libreboot] Debian 8 full-disk encryption

From: Henry Bennett
Subject: [Libreboot] Debian 8 full-disk encryption
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 03:53:12 +0000

Hello,

I installed Debian 8 following these instructions:
http://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_trisquel.html

Then I reflashed with a grubtest.cfg.

At boot, using the grubtest.cfg, GRUB prompts for the encryption
passphrase.  After entering the passphrase correctly, Linux begins
booting, and it prompts for the encryption passphrase.  So I have to
enter the encryption passphrase twice to complete boot.  Is this
expected behavior?

The only thing I think I did differently versus the instructions is
using the string "debian" instead of "trisquel".

What I see:

1. GRUB:

Attempting to decrypt master key...
Enter passphrase for ahci0,msdos1 (<hex string here>):

2. After GRUB:

  Volume group "grubcrypt" not found
  Skipping volume group grubcrypt
Unable to find LVM volume grubcrypt/debian
  Volume group "grubcrypt" not found
  Skipping volume group grubcrypt
Unable to find LVM volume grubcrypt/swap
Please unlock disk sda1_crypt:

Any idea what is wrong?  Thank you,
Henry