libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Bricked my c201

From: Albin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Bricked my c201
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:20:45 +0200

Hi Fatih,

I was able to run the recovery image and open the detail log with Ctrl +
Alt + F3 as you explained.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me to
reinstall ChromeOS by either letting the recovery process finish (up to
verification, where it fails like you explain) or by interrupting it by
powering down when writing to a) partition 3, b) to partition 1 or c) to
the "stateful" partition.

Maybe this is about very precise timing?  Did you try to power down at
some other points in the recovery process and that didn't work, or did
you just randomly try it at the partition 3 stage and it happened to work?

I'm glad that you were able to recover and sent this email to the list,
even if I haven't managed to reset my own computer.

Cheers,

Albin