Re: [libredwg] Re: OpenDWG Replacement - LibreDWG

From: Julian Amann
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Re: OpenDWG Replacement - LibreDWG
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:17:09 +0100

Hello,

how can I build the "load_dwg.c" example? Sorry for that stupid question, but I don't have much experience with Linux, gcc and make. Mainly I am developing under windows. I have a big interest in finding a free library which can read dwg files. I just want to test if it can handle the types of *.dwg files I have.

gcc load_dwg.c doesn't working.
Is dwg linked as a dynamic/static library or should I just add all the LibreDWG files to the compilation process?

I tried to compile LibreDWG using Visual Studio 2008 but there is no support for C99 in Visual Studio. Just a few features from C99 are supported - it is less or more C89 with a few added features from C99. I tried to port it but that macro stuff killed me - I gave it up.

Another idea was to use C++ but then I ran into problems with signed and unsigend char pointers - for example strlen() can be not applied to unsigend char*. More funny the Microsoft compiler doesn't allow neither unsigend char* text = "foobar" nor signed char* text = "foobar" - only char* text = "foobar" is allowed.

Yours truly
Julian