Re: [libredwg] ODA Open Design Specification for .dwg files updated

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] ODA Open Design Specification for .dwg files updated
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 15:51:36 -0300

On 23-07-2011 13:27, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> If someone from ODA comes here and contributes, would someone argue
>> > about from where comes his knowledge?
> I believe real GNU projects require signed contribution agreements from all
> contributors.  I'm not sure if this applies to this project, but without out
> it
> you do run the risk of some sorts of contributions poisoning the well.  So,
> I would argue that yes, if someone from ODA wants to contribute it would
> be wise of the project to get a commitment that they have the right to
> contribute their changes, and that it is offered under the project
> license.

This project's policy is to gather copyright assignments from all
contributors. All the copyright belongs to the FSF. If someone is to be
sued, it is the FSF.

If a contributor works for a company or university or whatever who might
potentially argue that the copyright of the contributor's work belongs
to the company, we ask the contributor to get an appropriate document
from the company.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br