librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] libre.fm to blackout on Wednesday

From: Mike Linksvayer
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] libre.fm to blackout on Wednesday
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:59:36 -0800

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 14:27, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> Libre.fm will be blacking out on Wednesday, along with all the other
> Foo websites.
>
> We'll continue to accept your scrobbles, but the website will be
> unavailable, unless you like looking at a static website.

Cool but...

I wish libre.fm were among the sites doing an interstitial, huge
banner, or other form of "soft blackout". Because after messaging
congresspeople, on Wednesday people should be thinking about
longer-term strategies for killing all future SOPAs, and I think
libre.fm is part of one such strategy. Explained in too many words at
http://gondwanaland.com/mlog/2011/12/12/anti-sopa-commons/

Mike