libreplanet-br-sp

[lp-br-sp] address@hidden: Conservancy Supporter Match Now Extended Thro

From: Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo
Subject: [lp-br-sp] address@hidden: Conservancy Supporter Match Now Extended Through February]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:14:52 -0200

----- Forwarded message from Software Freedom Conservancy <address@hidden> -----

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:09:31 -0500
From: Software Freedom Conservancy <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Conservancy Supporter Match Now Extended Through February

15 Days Left to Double Your Support for Your Favorite Free & Open Source
Software Projects

The next 89 Supporters to join Conservancy by the end of February will have
their donation doubled! Join or renew today, at
<https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/>!

After Conservancy signed up over 60 Supporters in just one week, an anonymous
donor has decided to extend their match through the end of Conservancy's
fiscal year (ending on February 28). Our anonymous donor says, “It's important
to expand Conservancy's base of support so that it has stable and predictable
finances. It's a bit of a challenge to get people to pay attention to FOSS
with a new horror here in the US every day, but free software is as important
as ever--if not more so.”

We agree with this sentiment. We work hard to define our goals and focus on
our most important issues.

The donations you inspire convert directly to the work that you want to see.
The more Supporters we have, the more projects we can help with fiscal
sponsorship, outreach, and compliance work. There are dozens of projects
waiting to join Conservancy, but we don't invite them them to join until we
know that we have the resources to help them. Our current projects have been
coming forward too to urge Supporters to join. You can see statements of
support by many of Conservancy's member projects, including:

* Git: <https://public-inbox.org/git/address@hidden/T/#u>
* Bro Network Security Monitor:
<http://blog.bro.org/2017/02/software-freedom-conservancy-fund-drive.html>
* Twisted: <https://twitter.com/glyph/status/829874049509494784>
* Squeak:
<http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2017-February/193064.html>
* Outreachy: <https://twitter.com/sarahsharp/status/828599711896522753>
* Godot Game Engine: <https://twitter.com/Akien/status/830080328500965377>
* Homebrew:
<https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2017/feb/02/homebrew-year-in-review/>
* Selenium: <https://twitter.com/shs96c/status/830691658622705665>

If you're already a Supporter, please spread the word about this match to your
friends and colleagues and encourage them to sign up (or renew early to be
counted in this match). Please post to any appropriate mailing lists, blog and
microblogging services. Thank you for supporting software freedom!