libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Making the website mobile friendly

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] Making the website mobile friendly
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 08:54:29 -0400

Roberto Beltran <address@hidden> writes:

> I've noticed that libreplanet could look better and be more usable on mobile
> devices. I understand that it somehow uses mediawiki, and the mediawiki
> website and wikipedia work well on mobile devices. Is there any way to
> achieve this? I might be able to help, but I also haven't found any
> information on where the source code might be, and I haven't found anything
> on the savannah instances.
>
> Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I'm on the FSF tech team and help maintain libreplanet.org. Afaik, we
aren't using any code other than upstream mediawiki. So, you can find
the mediawiki version and extensions we are using at
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Special:Version, and download them from
mediawiki. For making the site mobile friendly, I think we would first
like to upgrade the site to the latest and then evaluate which of way to
make the site mobile friendly. The upgraded site would get the newer
default vector theme that might already be good enough. If you'd like to
help, you can, but it will take a fair bit of time. . A good start would be
you to try out on your own machine to install our version of mediawiki
on trisquel 8, then upgrade it to the latest lts version so you get
familiar with the process.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF