[libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:47:00 +0200

I think there should be a campaign and I'm curious what you think.

  It should be about making ethical choices transparent.

Most non-technical users cannot see or understand what software freedom is.
All they eventually get is a license name and/or version, some "open foo" buzzwords and maybe the hint that it is free software. They are unable to recognize in how far their choice actually connects to the idea of free software. In order to help people make right choices the free software community should use its authority and start labeling what is considered free software.

There should be a label on every homepage or about-screen visible for everyone, and indicating that using this software means making a right choice.

Practically speaking this means:
- create a label
- create a landing page (linked to the label) explaining the 4 freedoms and linking to more detailed infromation

Do you think we can and should initiate this?