Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fully free $100 ARM PCs to be a possibility ?

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fully free $100 ARM PCs to be a possibility ? (Writing GNU/Linux drivers is needed)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

Alexey Eromenko said:

> Fully free $100 ARM PCs to be a possibility ?

That it needs proprietary software makes me lose interest in it. The Ingenic
JZ4760 [1] might be a better candidate for a fully free system.

> $400 for an ultra-low-end Lemote laptop is just way too expensive.

But the free software movement's about freedom, not price, and the Yeeloong is
probably the freest laptop presently available.

[1] http://en.ingenic.cn/product.aspx?ID=58