[libreplanet-discuss] Building Information Modelling

From: David Hirst
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Building Information Modelling
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:04:06 +0100

Building Information Modelling (BIM) see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_information_modeling seems to be an important emerging set of tools and databases that will be critical to the development an efficient and sustainable built environment. It also seems to involve several industry collaborative projects.

In my searches so far, I have not discovered a projects for development of free models and databases. But they must exist, as there is so much scope for individual and small group development of a shared software and data infrastructure.

Can anybody point me at relevant sites & projects please?

Regards

David

David Hirst

!-!?!-Hirst Solutions Limited