Re: [libreplanet-discuss] no-easy-way-install-linux-windows-8

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] no-easy-way-install-linux-windows-8
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:35:08 +0100

I would guess that the number of people in the market for free
hardware (which includes all of us presumably) is not so small that
free hardware is going to completely disappear.
Am I wrong about that?
I know when it comes time for me to buy a new computer I will be
looking for one on which I can install my preferred GNU variant and I
expect some company to be happy to sell such a machine to me.

The main problems seem to me: how expensive is that machine going to
be? and, what about everyone else's freedom, especially those who
didn't care when they bought the hardware but then learned?