Re: [libreplanet-discuss] free email

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] free email
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:32:42 +0200

On 08/08/2012 20:12, Michał Masłowski wrote:
* "submission" port is for your personal access to your server to post
while you connect from any location (never filtered by isps). I had to
setup that after a journey "read only" in my family with "no TSP/UDP
25 outbound" :P
SPF might be another reason to use a specific server for sending the
mails.  With many big mail providers using RBLs to block all mails sent
 From dynamic addresses, wouldn't expect sending from random ISPs to
work.
[sorry Michal for dual-post]

This is done on my domain "TXT" record :)

I forgotten fact my ISP have such an interface on ADSL Box setup for your IPv4 in-addr.arpa (not for IPv6) I obviously given as smtp.mydomain.tld -- my over domains have all that as MX.

A few domains has refused mails (ISP IP "clients" range blocked), as (microsoft yahoo ?) In such case the 500 error message gives you instruction to be whitelisted. Be patient 5 days and this is done :P

By the way, all that material could be a good mini-HOWTO on tldp but needs more than one experience for authoring "use cases" : I experienced only one ISP. Any volunteer (and also one English language native) ?

TSFH