Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Humanitarian Grid?

From: Aurélien
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Humanitarian Grid?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 06:31:01 +0200

Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@yahoo.com> writes:

> A while ago, I mentioned the World Community Grid . . .
>
> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
>
> . . . and a couple of people mentioned that it was not
> a Libre software project. This raises a question: would
> it be possible to create and maintain something like
> the WCG, with the same humanitarian goals, that was based
> upon Libre software (and hopefully hardware) all the way
> through? I have no illusions that such a venture would
> be quick and easy at all; the presence or absence of a
> large corporate sponsor, like IBM supports the WCG, would
> be just one of many challenging issues.
>
> In any case, I toss the idea out here for you to think about.
> I look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts.
>
> Joel

It's a bit the goal of Computers Without Borders.
You can find some information on libreplanet.org about it.

http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:CWB

I have just create this group and put it under the association
fscorsica.org (non-profit) to give it a legal structure.

You can reach the website at http://www.cwb.io

feel free to launch your idea / project ... as you wish

--
Aurelien DESBRIERES
Ride Free! Ride GNU.org