Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in projec

From: Mark Holmquist
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in project management & collaboration tools? And...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 07:11:48 -0700

2. try to limit dissemination during alpha and beta to those who are
likely to test and contribute (I really don't want to inflict really
early code on folks who simply want a usable tool - I figure that's
doing them a disservice)  (note: since the alpha and beta code will be
available as source, under GPL, there's nothing stopping further
dissemination - just that I'm not going to be pushing the early code on
the world)

This is directly contrary to:

    Pledge $25 or more
    Access to software on release date - plus 5-year system-wide identity and
crypto credentials.

    Pledge $35 or more
    Early Access: Access to software during beta test - plus 5-year system-wide
identity and crypto credentials.

    Pledge $65 or more
    Super Early Access: Access to software during alpha test - plus 5-year
system-wide identity and crypto credentials. Help refine product software
functions and behaviors!

    Pledge $95 or more
    Access to server side code on release date plus 5-year membership in
service provider association/cooperative. If you provide project-support
services (co-working space, contract services, etc.), or provide enterprise IT
services - this is the code and relationship you'll need to host server-side
code for your users, take orders, process payments, etc. via smart documents.

I wasn't just making things up, there it is in black and white. There is one more offering server-side code on the alpha release date, and it's more money. You charge people extra to get the code.

This is directly contrary to your statement that this is open software. It's definitely contrary to it being free software.

So please, stop spreading it here. If it's not free software, we don't want it.

--
Mark Holmquist
Contractor, Wikimedia Foundation