Re: [libreplanet-discuss] appreciation payment protocol

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] appreciation payment protocol
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:05:16 -0400

andrew@lewman.com writes:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:19:39 +0100
> Ramana Kumar <ramana.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> TipTheWeb (http://tiptheweb.org/) looks like a promising Flattr
>
> And their terms of service are better than the crazy anti-customer
> flattr terms.

We've discussed providing this service at the FSF for free software
developers, but so far haven't been able to solve the problem of credit
card transaction fees, which are prohibitive on small transactions.

Google has a program where they will let nonprofits use Google Checkout
with no credit card transaction fees. However, their required agreement
includes a proprietary software license, and at least so far they
haven't wanted to change that (for everyone, not just as an exception
for us -- that would be a condition of our participation).

Any thoughts on how to make it work would be welcome. It's on my mind as
we expand the FSF's directed donations program
(<https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/working-together>).

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.