[libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google

From: libreplanet
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 02:56:32 +0000

I have recently acquired a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (or
18cm). I never booted the stock rom, instead I flashed cyanogenmod
9.1 on it. I installed f-droid and mostly have free software on
my tablet. Comically, it can't play ogg video or music.

What do people do to keep their device google free, but functional on
today's internet?

Sideloading apks from a device with Google Play access isn't the answer.

I did search the archives and the internet, and didn't find much. I know
of the FSFE campaign, https://fsfe.org/campaigns/android/android.en.html.

Thanks.

--
Andrew