Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [school-discuss] Press Coverage

From: David M. Bucknell
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [school-discuss] Press Coverage
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 10:45:37 +0700

Dear Joel,

Congratulations!

Could you send a link to the story?  I don't see it.

David
----- Message from Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@yahoo.com> ---------
    Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:28:25 -0800 (PST)
    From: Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@yahoo.com>
 Subject: [school-discuss] Press Coverage
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net, libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org

My local paper, the Bolivar Herald-Free Press....

http://bolivarmonews.com/

....has published a front page story about the
digital artwork that I've been producing using
the GPL-licensed programming language BASIC-256.
The reporter who interviewed me and whose byline
is on the story is Jessica Drews:

jessicad@bolivarmonews.com

During the interview, I showed her the web site
of the Free Software Foundation and I gave her
a quick summary of the concepts. However, Libre
Software gets no real coverage in the article.

Perhaps you folks out there could encourage her
and her employer to do a bit of follow-up work on
the broader picture. I've hopefully established
a starting point; now I'm looking for some help
in moving things further.

Ms. Drews is not a computer expert, but she is
a regular Mac user at her workplace. She is also
a taxpayer and a parent of school-age children.
You ought to have some tools to get going with.

I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Joel

###
Send an e-mail message to majordomo@schoolforge.net with no subject

----- End message from Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@yahoo.com> -----

--
http://www.web4you.in.th -- an IKN portal:
Making Curiosity Pay Off for Schools and Businesses and You by Building on Free and Open Software