Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Software Contributions Made By Organizat

From: Alexey Eromenko
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Software Contributions Made By Organizations
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:24:14 +0200

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Rudolf <omouse@gmail.com> wrote:

How did you manage to get that kind of deal working? Who approached who first to start working on that deal?

This could serve as an example for other free software projects to emulate.

I just sent them a letter to "business partners" email explaining the potential of our partnership.
Open-Source projects act like non-profit organizations basically, so I explained them the benefits of such partnership (that we would redirect our users to their for-pay training videos) and they agreed, because it added value *to them*.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"